Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Two Comics

So yesterday I had a strange conversation where three different forms of the same verb were used. Me and the postman:

Postman: [Housemate's name] irasshaimasu-ka?

Me: Ie, imasen.

Postman: Inai?

And so we followed the verb down the scale of formality. This is why Japanese is hard, people!

And now the comics.

Displaying photo.JPG


This is a gem from a coworker. To my defense I couldn't really fight back because we were recording a conversation for the company. If not, I might have been a little more stream of consciousness. Like, what do you say, really, when someone cites all the yucky stuff in the movie and then says that's why they like the movie?

Yes. I am a total snob and completely judge people by the type of media they enjoy. This is all.

I realize the second comic might be harder to read because it's only in pencil. "When men and women fight." Ironically, this comic is also about how my face doesn't match what I'm really thinking.





Displaying photo.JPG


No comments:

Post a Comment