Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Like a Virgil

A song parody. I blame Lizbeth who encouraged me to write this. (Apologies for the wonky theology. I swear most of it's in the original poem!)





Like a Virgil Lyrics

I made it through my dark forest.
Somehow I made it thru-uuh.
Didn’t know what damnation was
Until I met you.

Yeah, they’re trapped, thrown in crap,
Cut in half, yeah, they’re burning too.
 But the traitors are
Yeah, the traiiiitors a-are…
Icy and blue!

Like a Virgil
Descending for the second time
Like a Viiiiirgil
He’s a pagan, but I don’t mind.

Gotta get through all the levels.
The road is si-iiinking fast.
Hafta climb down Satan’s ass
To see the stars at last.

Yes, they scream, and they whine
They’ll be here till the end of tiiiime
But I won’t complain.
No, I woooon’t complaaaain
Cause it’s God’s design!

Like a Virgil (Hey!)
Descending for the second time
Like a Viiiiiirgil
Got salvation on his mind.

Oooooow---ooooooow

Ow!

Sin too bold, hearts are cold
And for some who were never told
So his love carved out
Yeah, his loooove carved out
A dark and scary hole!

For a Virgil
Stuck there till the end of time
Like a Viiiiirgil
That’s his problem; I’ll be fine.

Like a Virgil
Ooo—ooh like a Virgil
Got him by my side
With the liars
And schismatics
And the Pharisees

Ow-ow-owowow!
Owowow-owow-owow

Ooh, painful…

Can’t you see the stars shine
For the very first time?

No comments:

Post a Comment