Friday, February 28, 2014

Okonomiyaki and Miyajima

Last weekend I had a really good time. I got to meet a new friend and also enjoy some famous Hiroshima things.

Souichirou's good friend was visiting from Korea, and the boys invited me to have dinner with them. Of course, I rarely pass up a chance for really good Okonomiyaki, and I was also curious to meet someone from Korea.

Here we all are at the restaurant. In later pictures our faces get increasingly red. Except mine, because I wore foundation. What a lifesaver!

I'm still no good at pronouncing Korean, but Facebook spells the guy's name as "Eeksoo." (I try not to pronounce it as "Ikuso.") Anyway he was really nice and a bit shy like a lot of my brother's friends back home. We spoke a combination of Japanese and English. Eeksoo's listening is pretty good! But I had more trouble getting him to talk in English...To shy! But with Souichirou leveling down Japanese for both of us, and me leveling down English for both of them, we really could talk pretty normally.



The next day the boys invited me again on their trip to Miyajima, and I was able to meet up with them in the afternoon. We ate some good food such as anago and kaki-don, and walked around the park together. I brought my Miyajima deer, Maple, which is the first time he has returned to him home country.

On monday, Eeksoo went on to Tokyo, but he enjoyed Hiroshima a lot. I'm glad we had the chance to meet up.


No comments:

Post a Comment