Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Fall Weather

I enjoyed last year so much, but fall has done a number on me this season.... I've had a cold or allergies on and off, and the temperature can't seem to make up it's mind between hot and chilly. I'm kind of mad at myself for not doing more traveling in Japan, but I haven't had the energy.

Looks like it's too late to register for the JLPT in December, but if I study hard from now maybe I can get up to the level where I can take the N3 next summer. That would definitely be an accomplishment.

Also, the illumination along the Peace Boulevard is going up again. This will really make getting out from work after it's already dark more of a perk. There's nothing more cozy than having Christmas lights to walk by on your way home.

And I finished typing a story where matchmaking comes back into style via an unusually efficient online dating service, and the characters wonder whether they've traded autonomy for security. However, it still needs proofreading before I can show anyone. And given the set-up it's still too talky overall. The characters have to be interacting with the world instead of discussing the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment