Tuesday, January 28, 2014

New Desk

For the first time since I joined my company, I moved my desk. Just one place over, but it feels entirely different!

I have added a new pony.


As you might notice, there are now two computers, one of them a Mac. This is because I sort of became the team's default sound editor and the Mac has adobe audition. Sure, it can get pretty boring moving sound clips around all day, but I'm not turning up my nose at learning any new technological skill. You never know when you'll be required to do something with computers.

This week I edited an audio track which I recorded last week with two coworkers. Then I did nearly all the sound editing myself, which included cutting about half the dialog, pasting together the cut places so it wasn't obvious we skipped something, and then normalizing the sound so the volume is consistent no matter who happened to be closer to the microphone.

It was pretty cool. Maybe someday I'll do my own podcast, and I already have an idea of how to edit it.

The added perks of my desk are that I can watch the coworkers behind me in the Mac screen. However, it's not so easy to rest my elbow when using the Mac mouse, so I may have to move the computer a bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment