Friday, January 17, 2014

A Funny Thing Happened at Work Today...



This morning I spent three hours editing a sound file only to have it mysteriously disappear!

I saved regularly and left the program open when I went to lunch because I was planning to work on it in the afternoon. However, when I returned I saw that someone else was using that computer. So I did some other stuff and about an hour before finish time I asked if I should finish the file.

But when we opened the program none of my edits had been saved!!!!

My face when I couldn't find any of the changes.


After a half hour of discussion in Japanese and English we discovered that Adobe Audition will not save your changes unless you click "Yes to All" when closing the program. Apparently the person who used the computer next clicked "No to All" when closing the program...

My boss gave me the "can't be helped" shrug and I started doing the work over. Then, five minutes before the end of the day I closed the program and opened it again to find the document I had finished at lunch time! Everything was there!


And then my coworker who mostly speaks only Japanese gave me this look like, "You're such a spaz..."

No comments:

Post a Comment