Friday, June 28, 2013

Wisdom Teeth 3 and 4

This morning, lost my remaining two wisdom teeth! Hooray! My jaw actually lines up again--it's the weirdest feeling.

So this time I did the thing the American way, with as much pain killers as possible. I felt woozy in the morning and had trouble waking up because of the meds. Then at the dentist they gave me more to relax me, and also put a needle in my arm. Technically I wasn't totally out, but I could essentially sleep through the operation.

I remember everything about checking in and paying with my credit card. I remember the song "Material Girl" was playing in the waiting room. When I went to the back they gave me a blanket and we had some discussion about what movie I wanted to watch. I saw the beginning of 50 First Dates.

Maybe I went to the bathroom because I remember some discussion about the out of order sign on the nearest bathroom, and the staff said it would be ok to use the close bathroom anyway. And I didn't look when they put the needle in my arm. It pinched a little bit, but I didn't want to get nervous.

Then during the operation I remember a few things like, "We're done with this tooth now," "Hold still," but it really felt like fifteen minutes even though it must have taken over an hour to pull two teeth.

After they finished I came out into the waiting room and my mom asked how I was feeling, and I said fine, because there hadn't been any pain.

We had agreed earlier to stop by Carl's Jr. so I could get a milkshake, because by now it was around noon and I couldn't eat anything before the operation. I also remember eating the milkshake in the car and feeling a little carsick, like, "Yeah, shouldn't have eaten this." Then I went to my room to sleep and woke up around 3:00.

For the life of me, I can't remember if we went into the restaurant or if we used the drive through, or anything about the drive home. I don't remember saying anything, but who knows, people are supposed to talk off their heads. It's like a big chunk of the morning just disappeared.

No comments:

Post a Comment