Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Internet and Birthday

Due to the internet being down at my sharehouse, have not been able to make any new posts on my blog since I returned to Japan. However, it's back up!

This year I ended up working on my birthday, which felt disappointingly grown up. Can't a company schedule its holidays based around the day I was born??? But my friends did not forget me. On the bright side, I actually ended up with two cakes this year!

The second cake was a surprise. I ended up teaching a conversation class at a cafe on Tuesday, my birthday, and I told everyone it was my birthday and asked them birthday related questions. After the class the owner of the cafe asked me if I could stay for five minutes and then gave me this totally cute piece of chocolate cake! (Yes, I had told people my favorite cake flavor too.) And another student who was staying to have dinner bought me a drink. It was a nice way to end the day.






No comments:

Post a Comment