Saturday, January 26, 2013

Japanese Cooking



On Thursday I did my first Japanese cooking. Which turned out to not really be Japanese cooking, but oh well. :P

So I looked up a recipe for Yaki Soba on Google, and decided it looked enough like a "throw a bunch of random stuff together and hope for the best" recipe to try. I found that the actual cooking time is pretty short, especially if the noodles are pre-made. But chopping up the different vegetables takes longer. A lot of prep work, but once you're ready to go, it really goes fast.

I think it looks pretty good!

The only problem was I didn't really bother measuring the ingredients beforehand. So while the proportions turned out right, somehow all the cabbage, vegetables, noodles, and meat, turned out to be a lot more than I had expected once I dumped them all in the pan. At least Souichirou liked it the next day...

No comments:

Post a Comment