Sunday, August 3, 2014

Health and So On

On Saturday, I met an old friend I hadn't seen in a year. Two things were obvious: One, my Japanese had gotten dramatically better. Two, my health had gotten worse.

Even from this time last year, I've gotten thinner. Also, my face always seems haggard to me now. My friend looked pretty much the same and very bright and genki, but I think I look older.

This spring I hiked up to the Peace Pagoda, and even though it was only a 40 minute hike, and maybe 40 minutes on the road going back, it was really difficult to me. I just couldn't breathe that well. And afterward I just felt dazed the rest of the day.

Then recently, little things give me problems. Like I carried a folding chair up five flights of stairs and got out of breath and my heart was pounding. Or I ran for a light and noticed my heart was pounding after only a short distance.

For a long time, I've hated carrying heavy things. My backpack keeps getting lighter but it still feels like deadweight.

Why is it that I woke up this morning at 9:00, did nothing for two hours (beside house stuff and walking to the library) and I already felt tired????

I'm going to Tokyo on the 13th but I'm worried now because if I get a bad night's sleep the night before it could take me out for the entire day. If I could just save up a bit of energy each day and then use it all at once...

Lately I've been taking vitamins and trying to exercise my shoulders a bit more. Maybe that will help. I don't want to gain weight from empty calories because that's just more fat to carry around. bleh

No comments:

Post a Comment