Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Notes on Tokyo

I uploaded a ton of pictures from Tokyo, but no blog post yet. As I'm going to Fukuoka next weekend, I might not update for a while... :(

This time I had to stay in a dorm because the hostel got booked out fast. And it was the mixed dorm because the women's dorm was full. :P Not that anyone behaved unprofessionally. In fact the first night, everyone came in very quietly during the wee hours of the night so that I didn't even notice people had finally returned until I woke up in the morning! But even so some guys snored (I had ear plugs) and there was one awkward moment where I walked in and two guys were talking, one was just in shorts. He self-consciously pulled the blanket up when I came in but even so I kind of ignored him when he said, "Hey, how's it going?" Like no. I'm getting stuff from my bed with no human interaction, thank you.

Next time I'm staying at my friend Akiko's place for sure! She pressed me this time, so I don't care if it's imposing. I'm not dealing with any more random dudes!

Another note: in practically every picture I'm wearing a black winter coat. Cuz the weather was cold and occasionally rainy every day! I have zero regrets about bringing a heavy duty coat. It was a lifesaver, and with a coat and  sweater I was able to walk outside even in the evening and continue to see the sights. I prepared for both cold and warm weather, and turns out cold was the way to go.

Maple is quite happy. He was able to put another stamp on his passport, so to speak. For a stuffed deer, he has been many places.

No comments:

Post a Comment