Friday, March 21, 2014

12 Years a Slave

Yesterday I got to both see the Best Picture winner for 2013 and go to Hatchoza theater for the first time. Yay! The theater was very cute and old fashioned, mostly a lot of older people were there. I was surprised you didn't have to book in advance. Actually, we just walked in and got our tickets about 30 minutes before the show started. And it was Ladies Day so I only had to pay 1,000 yen! Yay!

Of course the seats were really wide and comfy. Somebody even fell asleep. (Hint: it wasn't me...) I think the movie was interesting too, although I'm guessing the book made more sense. That was a lot of characters. A LOT.

Somehow I kept hearing the script from one of those "Realistic Trailers" playing in my head. "Two hours of black people working, white people being dicks, whippings, more whippings, uncomfortable close-ups, and an ensemble cast that leaves you wondering, 'Who was that random white lady that made out with Solomon in the first five minutes of the movie?'"

No comments:

Post a Comment